The Next Potluck Meeting is August 8 at 6:00
Summer meetings do not have speakers. Outdoor BBQs will be available so bring something to BBQ and a side dish to share.
Ahoy Cruisers! Our cruise schedule is pretty much ship-shape for 2017 thanks to members who volunteered to host cruises. We have a cruise scheduled for each month, some tried-and-true and some new. It has been suggested that we also list some “unhosted cruises” where we identify a location and then whoever shows up, shows up. This seems like a good suggestion, and one that I will work on refining in the coming month. If you have any suggestions in this regard, please email me.
CYC 2017 Cruise Schedule
- May 5-6 Opening Day (Club Event)
- May 19-21 Matia Cleanup (A/D) (Neal & Kim Bittner)
- May 26-28 Lopez Islander Resort/BYC (D) (Chris & Vickie Olson)
- June 23-25 Turn Point Light, Stuart Island (Terry & Kerry Thalhofer and Pam Spencer)
- July 1–2 Spencer Spit Lopez (A/M) (Ken Russell & Deb Bryant)
- August 4-6 Anacortes Arts Festival (D) (Bruce & Cindy Henninger)
- August 12 CBC “Day on the Water” (Laurent Martel & Amanda Eurich)
- Sept 21-24 Montague Harbour Galiano (A/D) (Ron & Linda Battle)
- Oct 27 – 29 Blakely Island Turkey Cruise (D) (Tracy & Troy Olney)
2017 Race Results are being posted
Racing Forms for Download
All CYC members! Mark your calendar
Saturday, August 12
Experience Sailing on Bellingham Bay--August 12th
Hosted by the Community Boating Center and the Corinthian Yacht Club Bellingham
The CYC will join CBC in hosting this event again this year.
The CYC will promote the event as a cruise.
The Boating Center has received a grant to advertise and promote the event as:
“Experience Sailing on Bellingham Bay”
What makes Bellingham unique? The water. What better way to promote our club and the Boating Center then by reaching out to our community and offer a sailing experience to neophytes or those who are simply between boats.
I have volunteered my boat in past years and observed that the attendees I have given rides have been uniformly thrilled, excited and appreciative of the experience.
The Community Boating Center will provide:
- Insurance umbrella for all attendees (participants will sign a waiver form).
- Liability insurance for all our boats
- Life preservers for all participants
- Ferry participants to and from our boats
- Promotion and advertising
We Corinthians Provide the experience:
- We meet in Fairhaven 10:30- 12 noon (Skippers may determine their own timeframe)
- Skippers will predetermine crew size (from 2- 6 participants).
- Skippers will provide 2 to 3 hour cruises
- Ideally, each boat to provide 2 sailings
- Any extras (i.e. appetizers, beverages) are up to the skipper. (Grog upon request, keelhauling is frowned upon).
The plan: we finish our cruises about 4:30 to 5pm and return to gate 9 where we will then pull out the barbi and potluck on the dock.
I would like to have the BBQ open to all employees of the Boating Center. They may join us after closing up the shop or perhaps return sail with us to gate 9?
Questions and /or sign up with me,
360 815 3980
2015 Race results are still posted.
Cruising schedule and other CYC events are listed on the CYC Google Calendar, which is updated periodically. You can subscribe to the CYC Google Calendar on your computer or smart phone or see the Events & Cruises page.
July 1-2: Spencer Spit Cruise
July 11: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
July 25: CYC Board meeting
August 4-6: “Anacortes Art Festival” Cruise
August 8: CYC potluck, SYC Clubhouse
August 12: CBC Experience Sailing, Community Boating Center
August 27: CYC Board meeting
August 23-25: Turn Point Lighthouse Cruise (Hosted by Terry & Kerry Thalhofer and Pam Spencer)
14 JUL 2017
Problems? Notify the Webmeister
Our mailing address is P. O. Box 101, Bellingham, WA 98227
[Corinthian Yacht Club Bellingham] [Meeting Information] [Cruising/Events] [Racing] [Newsletter] [Membership] [Reciprocal Clubs] [Links/Resources]